And now for a bit of attention to my other "little" one....

Kristin NIcole

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota, USA
I am new here and posted my tort Raquel on the new members thread. AnimalLady wanted to see pics of my dog/son, which is good, because he surfs the 'net religiously and hasn't seen much mention of himself since I adopted Raquel. So here is Bronson Walter.....former rescue.....3 years old.......85 lbs. His DNA test (we are those kind of people) said 80% pit (e.g. Staffie) and 20% English bulldog. That entire 20% is focused solely on his lower lip line, which curves outward, allowing most of the water he drinks to drain slowly on your foot. He is the most loving of dogs, and his only real method of intimidation are his farts - which can only clear rooms, but stadiums. These pics depict his formal head shot (no offers of modeling yet, but one can hope), his tour of duty next to the grill on the 4th of July (no hamburgers were lost under his watchful eyes), his girlfriend Demi (a foster dog who arrived battling mange and noxious odor, but he still fell in love) and his entry to the Dog Shaming website (this entry was chosen and will be featured in the 2017 calendar!). Lastly, he most definitely has a green paw, because he "watered" these flowers faithfully and was so proud!

Bronson.jpg Happy 4th.jpg 20141012_210035.jpg B Winter 2a.jpg Bronson Walter Winter 2014.jpg

AnimalLady

What a gorgeous dog, i really love large breed dogs. My sister had a blue pit named Neo, he was the most gentle dog I had ever met, i really miss Neo.. hmph

ANYWHO! Your dog is gorgeous!! I want a big dog soooo bad! Eventually I want a lab, and my husband really wants a bully mix...

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Bronson is handsome!

I love bully types, and especially brindle dogs. How I ended up with two white ones is beyond me, but here are my dudes. Barty (the front one) is all APBT. Wallace is "purebred mastiff" from a breeder, per his shelter intake. Could be a poorly bred Dogo Argentino, I guess. He's certainty more laid-back than the pitties I've owned prior. He's nearly twice Bart's size, though it's not apparent from this photo.

1447958083604.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin NIcole

Minnesota, USA
Bronson is handsome!

I love bully types, and especially brindle dogs. How I ended up with two white ones is beyond me, but here are my dudes. Barty (the front one) is all APBT. Wallace is "purebred mastiff" from a breeder, per his shelter intake. Could be a poorly bred Dogo Argentino, I guess. He's certainty more laid-back than the pitties I've owned prior. He's nearly twice Bart's size, though it's not apparent from this photo.
Love their little faces, love the names, you're so lucky you have two! Thanks for showing me/us!

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Love their little faces, love the names, you're so lucky you have two! Thanks for showing me/us!

Well, after my last dog died, we swore we would just have one dog because two is disproportionately more work. Bart was nine at the time... He and his "sister" had a bit if a tenuous relationship, so we thought he'd be fine. Nope. He started passing up meals (he's a PIG, so this was a terrible sign) and not wanting to go on walks. I had him examined and had a full lab panel run on him because I thought he was sick.

After about two months of this, our local shelter was overcrowded and started posting dogs with their euthanasia deadlines. We decided to foster. My friend kept sending me photos of Wallace (to which I repeatedly responded "not my type, sorry.") I felt like we needed to foster a dog, though, because the parade of sad faces and deadlines was getting to me. We met Wallace. He was so, so sick with kennel cough. He weighed 46 pounds (he's over 70 now). He was so good with Bart. He came home. As a foster. And a few months later, I went back and signed his paperwork.

He's been with us a year and a half. Bart is his normal, piggy little self again. They play together all day, every day. Balance has been restored. I'm really more a cat person, and we think these are our last dogs (we both work a lot and want to travel....) But they are both pretty great dudes. And we'll see... We're both sucker and there are always dogs in need.

Kristin NIcole

Minnesota, USA
Well, after my last dog died, we swore we would just have one dog because two is disproportionately more work. Bart was nine at the time... He and his "sister" had a bit if a tenuous relationship, so we thought he'd be fine. Nope. He started passing up meals (he's a PIG, so this was a terrible sign) and not wanting to go on walks. I had him examined and had a full lab panel run on him because I thought he was sick.

After about two months of this, our local shelter was overcrowded and started posting dogs with their euthanasia deadlines. We decided to foster. My friend kept sending me photos of Wallace (to which I repeatedly responded "not my type, sorry.") I felt like we needed to foster a dog, though, because the parade of sad faces and deadlines was getting to me. We met Wallace. He was so, so sick with kennel cough. He weighed 46 pounds (he's over 70 now). He was so good with Bart. He came home. As a foster. And a few months later, I went back and signed his paperwork.

He's been with us a year and a half. Bart is his normal, piggy little self again. They play together all day, every day. Balance has been restored. I'm really more a cat person, and we think these are our last dogs (we both work a lot and want to travel....) But they are both pretty great dudes. And we'll see... We're both sucker and there are always dogs in need.

What a nice story! It was clearly fate that brought you all together. I know the joy of fostering and I wish it would convert to the joy of fostering-on-it's-way-to-adoption, but my husband is pretty firm on only wanting one (massive) dog. I am the worst at manipulating people, too. I should play it cool and low-key and let him come to the idea of maybe keeping the foster dog, but like a dork, I am the one who - on the first ride home with said foster dog - tells my husband that the dogs are already bonded and who are we to be inhumane? And then I cry, pout, swear under my breath, etc. All of this begging before the dog has even been with us an hour. Needless to say, my husband chalks it up to dog "fever" and ignores me. :(