Ang@gb (Help for bumpy shell?)

Ang@gb

Location (City and/or State)
Trowbridge
Hi I bought my russian tortoise when it was 18 months old. I have done everything by the book but his shell is lumpy bumpy and it is very shiny could the damage been done when he was a hatchling got him from garden centre in a dry sandy glass dome not good is there anything I can do

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Put your threads under appropriate headings. Either under your species or general tortoise but not under the contest heading please.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Also, if you want our members to read your threads and help you, write out a subject instead of writing your username

Your thread has been moved to the Russian section, and I changed your subject from Ang@gb to Help for Bumpy Shell?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A shiny shell isn't bad and a bumpy shell is probably not bad either. May we see pictures of the tortoise please?

Ang@gb

Trowbridge
Yes of course he is fast asleep I will do it as soon asap

Attachments

• 20220715_153830.jpg
    20220715_153830.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have done everything by the book but his shell is lumpy bumpy and it is very shiny \...
Which book would that be? Almost all of the tortoise care info from books, pet shops, and online is all wrong. Its the same wrong info that has been parroted for years.

We can't assess pyramiding from looking down at the tortoise. We need a side view with the lens at tortoise level.

Here is the correct care info: