Another highway casualty...

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Saw this little boxie get hit this morning on my way to work. The shell fracture is severe and he is unable to open on his own. After close inspection we found that he also has a severely fractured beak.
Tomorrow we will attempt to repair all fractures. Until then he will be kept warm and on pain meds.
Hope for the best but not sure what we will find once sedated.
Cyndi

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw geez. Good luck. Here's hoping for the best.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I'm not trying to make a joke here but what type of pain medication do you give to a turtle?

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Unfortunately, he did not make it.:( He had multiple skull fractures and just too much head trauma.
We tried....

Southeast USA
I hate inconsiderate people who just run over animals. It would be an exception if you had bad vision, but then again you shouldn't be driving

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I hate inconsiderate people who just run over animals. It would be an exception if you had bad vision, but then again you shouldn't be driving
So many animals get killed on the roads because they often just run out on the road trying to cross it and the driver often has no choice. I feel so fortunate to have not ever done that! /

Southeast USA
@Pearly I've encountered so many box turtles, being in Southern-Georgia for a vacation, and I would always help them cross. Then, people honk at me and then I would show them the turtle, and then they still continue honking.