Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Rescue #48 was found in Selma, CA in a lower income neighborhood, and covered in mud. Some men were poking him with a stick.

I must admit, someone is getting through to these people. Most of the sulcatas being turned in to me, especially this year, are lookin' pretty darned good:

2015 Rescue #48 a.jpg 2015 Rescue #48 b.jpg 2015 Rescue #48 c.jpg

I didn't weigh him, so I'm only guessing him to be about 50lbs. He will be available for adoption in two weeks. There is no fee, but I have to come see the yard you want to keep him in - so it has to be a local adoption, Fresno, Clovis, or any small town within a half hour's drive from Clovis.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Is the dog availabe,……?
Woof,!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I got snacks!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
What a handsome fella! I love the first photo of the two of them meeting. Pretty darn adorable!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a handsome fella! I love the first photo of the two of them meeting. Pretty darn adorable!

Misty pays absolutely no attention to my tortoises (except for their poop), but as soon as a new tortoise is deposited on the ground, she has to smell it all over. She's very interested in how new tortoises smell.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
"New tortoise smell" - Wonder if they make a pine tree air freshener in that variety?

Good looking tort!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because I want to keep Misty as a guard dog, whenever strangers come over I don't let her outside. So after the people have gone and I let Misty come outside, she goes all around where the people have walked and gives the ground a good sniff. I love watching her 'smell.'

Status
Not open for further replies.