Another Update on the June-Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
No, I haven't changed her name. Juno is still Juno, but I call her June-Bug from time to time as a "cutesy" name for her.
So after having a dumb winter, I have moved Juno into a temporary outdoor enclosure. Temporary because we are extending our home and the place where Juno's permanent home is is being worked on. It's just dirt there, but will soon be filled with plants and grasses for her to munch on. :) Her temporary home(pics and dimensions up in 12 hours or so) offers more room than her winter home. But remember, this is temporary. There are lost of grasses and a small mandrin tree and my large aloe vera tub in there. Today, she munched on dandelion. It was her first day in this enclosure, and she came out and stayed out all day in the sun(she was under uv bulbs but was let out in the sun as well). I am thinking about leaving her out there in the dog house, but the nights are cold and windy, so she sleeps in her winter home. But it'll be back out on the warm sunny days :) The wind is howling and scaring me right now...
During the past months, I have kept her primarily on weeds and grasses. Supplementing of course. I didn't want her weird growth to get worse so I kept away from salad mixes etc. She is at 7 inches now(about 3/4 inch growth from when I got her in June. She still is a bit coy but is warming up slowly.
She still follows me from time to time if I move slowly, but fast motions and she hides. Today I stuck her right in my face and instead of hiding she stuck her hear out and headbutted me.
Did I mention her breath smells like fish food? Cause it does lol.
But she's been doing great and she's a happy camper. :)
Pics up soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.