Any idea what gender my tortoise is?

John Alford

Location (City and/or State)
Paisley
It is a 1 yr old HermannsIMG_1514730779.202971.jpgIMG_2258.jpgIMG_2259.jpgIMG_1514730901.115470.jpgIMG_1514730935.408857.jpg from Macedonia, a friend of mine said he thinks it’s a boy but I don’t really know, you guys are the experts!

OMary

Moscow, ID
Looks too young still. My Hermann's looked just like this, with a longish tail. Then almost overnight the tail grew HUGE!! I was able to sex him at around 15 months, but he was a really fast grower.

John Alford

Paisley
Looks too young still. My Hermann's looked just like this, with a longish tail. Then almost overnight the tail grew HUGE!! I was able to sex him at around 15 months, but he was a really fast grower.

Cool, mine was born 21/9/17 so he’s about 15 months old, he isn’t a big eater but he drinks a lot,

OMary

Moscow, ID
Here is a pic of mine last Aug and then another last Oct. Look at the difference!

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

OMary

Moscow, ID
Cool, mine was born 21/9/17 so he’s about 15 months old, he isn’t a big eater but he drinks a lot,
Looking at his shell and that he drinks a lot, it looks like you could raise the humidity in his enclosure. He should be 70%. I raised mine like this, and his shell is super smooth! I would attach the care sheet, but I don't know how...maybe someone else will.

John Alford

Paisley
I know a vivarium isn’t the best enclosure for a tortoise but it is temporary for about a year until I move out of my parents house and I’ll have more room for a huge tortoise table, I have a plan to self make it

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
I know a vivarium isn’t the best enclosure for a tortoise but it is temporary for about a year until I move out of my parents house and I’ll have more room for a huge tortoise table, I have a plan to self make it

Please go to the Hermanns tortoise section and read the care sheet. A few improvements can be made now. I think the vicariamente is fine, but you want to change that substrate, add a humid hide, and just check to make sure the rest of your care is up to snuff.