Anybody awake yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My Russian Tortoise went into hibernation last year before I could get him and bring him inside. Despite tearing up the backyard trying to find him (you should see the "wood pile" where he usually sleeps haha!), I could not find him all winter. Yesterday he popped out of nowhere and he was out again today, eating, roaming around, and sun basking.

Has anybody else's Russian come out of hibernation yet?

ipqws9.jpg

dfa710.jpg

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
not yet, unfortunately. i have really missed mine, so much in fact that i am thinking about bringing mine inside next fall to keep them awake.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Yes, I had two disappear before I could put them in boxes. With all the rain I was scared to death they might have drowned. Yesterday one appeared grazing in the enclosure - haven't seen the other one yet.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mjne are starting to stir I hear some scratching in their box when I go outside, but I would say mine are not 100% awake yet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I did some research on the coldest night in January and it looks like our frosty nights are probably over with. Bright sunny day today, near 60 degrees, and low 40's at night. I'm looking for some of my box turtles to wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.