Anyone have a 2 story enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandlerledray

5 Year Member
I'm thinking about making one for my sullies. The room they have is good, but they could always use more room.

I want to see some pics of 2 story enclosures to get some inspiration! Thanks!
-c

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Somebody posted some pics of a really cool one about 2 weeks ago. Sorry, can't remember the thread. Anyone?

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
chandlerledray said:
I'm thinking about making one for my sullies. The room they have is good, but they could always use more room.

I want to see some pics of 2 story enclosures to get some inspiration! Thanks!
-c
I posted some pics a few weeks ago, then some more, recently. My son and I built a tort table/enclosure which has a small 2 story area. It may give you an idea, It would have been easy to have made the upstairs bigger but we were using wood that came with the flat packed bookcases that we adapted. You can find some pics on the thread somewhere below this one entitled New Enclosure.......almost finished......
Good luck building yours.

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
chandlerledray said:
WOW! That's amazing!! I love it! What dimensions is the first floor?

Hi,
The base is 5' 2" x 3'6"

The first floor area is about 11" x 3' 6" . I am pretty sure thats the measurement. I am at work at the moment, so cannot check. As I said, we could have made it bigger, but decided to stick with the peices of wood we had which were already cut to the sizes you can see ( shelf width size). We would like to put on another floor and have worked out that the ramp to it would not be much more of an incline as the one we have already, because we would just make it longer ( to the end of the table) and have it running parallel above the other ramp.
Thats still in the 'sounds like a good idea' stage :)

Good luck with yours. I look forward to seeing some pics.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
A little while back I posted a thread about a 4 story enclosure I made for my torts and I included a couple pics. I believe that the title is something along the lines of "multi-level enclosure". It isn't nearly large enough for a sulcata, but the basic theory could apply to your project. The bottom floor's dimensions are 4'x2' and each additional floor is 32"x2'. I put ramps up both sides, but you could increase the floor space on the second floor by only including a ramp on one side. Make sure that your ramp is wide enough for your tort to do a 360 turn on and try to limit the grade to 30 degrees or less. (The 30 degree number isn't scientifically derived, but is what I used and my torts climb up and down without any problems.) Oh, and you'll probably want to make an access panel in the side wall of your enclosure so you don't have to disturb the top floor to access the bottom. Good luck with your project!

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
chairman said:
A little while back I posted a thread about a 4 story enclosure I made for my torts and I included a couple pics. I believe that the title is something along the lines of "multi-level enclosure". It isn't nearly large enough for a sulcata, but the basic theory could apply to your project. The bottom floor's dimensions are 4'x2' and each additional floor is 32"x2'. I put ramps up both sides, but you could increase the floor space on the second floor by only including a ramp on one side. Make sure that your ramp is wide enough for your tort to do a 360 turn on and try to limit the grade to 30 degrees or less. (The 30 degree number isn't scientifically derived, but is what I used and my torts climb up and down without any problems.) Oh, and you'll probably want to make an access panel in the side wall of your enclosure so you don't have to disturb the top floor to access the bottom. Good luck with your project!

Hi Mike
I hope you don't mind but I found your post via your profile page. Will let C know

Hi Chandlerledray

That thread was Multi Level Enclosure and you can find it on Page 7 of Enclosures. The last post on the thread was 25th November 2009. Depending on how many threads are added it may have moved to Page 8 before you look at it.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.