Anyone have a Mac Book Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
I bought one the other day and still have a lot to learn. If anyone has any good tips for me that would be awesome! I'm loving this computer!

-Matt

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is a fantastic computer. I switched to Mac about 5 years ago and LOVE IT! Using PC now is just punishing for me. I avoid it whenever possible.

I'm not much of a computer expert, so no tips, but basically things on a Mac just work the way they ought to. If you are used to PC you will probably try to make things harder than they are. Just drag stuff where you want it and everything works.

If they offer that applecare or that program where you come in for little lessons, I highly recommend it. A friend of mine did it and she learned a ton. I just figured things out on my own, but my computer can do amazing things that I don't even know about. Every once in a while, I'll learn a new trick from somebody.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I switched from PC to Mac this time last year- I am obsessed with my Macbook. And it is beautiful. ;)
To be honest I googled things whenever I had a question (like how to take a screen shot, etc.) and I also googled Macbook keyboard shortcuts, or something to that effect.

Try Ctrl + Alt + Command + 8
Perfectly useless but kinda cool haha (especially when viewing pictures)

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I hate using PCs now. I cringe when I get on them at work. Thanks Tom, I'll look for that applecare program. For the time being, I'll do what ChiKat does and Google everything that I can't figure out. No more PCs for me.

-Matt

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Use the space bar to preview documents, pictures, and videos without having to open up a media player or word.

I recently switched from Mac to PC and that is one of those things that I miss more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.