Anyone keeping the smallish Minor Libyan Greeks tortoises?

Future4Animals

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
Curious if anyone here is keeping this particular type of Greek tortoises. They are being labeled as minor Libyans. The males top out at just 3.5"-4.0" and the females up to 6.0". I guess they came from a specific locale in Libyan. They are definitely on the shy side and the small males remind me of Egyptian tortoise.

Please share if you do keep these little tortoises.

20240827_143744.jpg20240827_105641.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Curious if anyone here is keeping this particular type of Greek tortoises. They are being labeled as minor Libyans. The males top out at just 3.5"-4.0" and the females up to 6.0". I guess they came from a specific locale in Libyan. They are definitely on the shy side and the small males remind me of Egyptian tortoise.

Please share if you do keep these little tortoises.

View attachment 378469View attachment 378470
I don't keep those but how beautiful. I didn't know that Greeks could be smaller than my Russian. He's only 5" and probably considered small. I'm hoping you get some replys. I'd love to learn about them.🤗

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Who did you get these from and do you know what year they were imported? Multiple imports of similar looking animals have come into the US and it’s not clear if they are all the same type or subspecies.

I don’t keep any but my knowledge of the situation is that they (as always) arrived in bad condition and some keepers are having them slowly die off in captivity, especially the males.

Steve