Anyone recognize these plants?

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I’ve been able to identify a few weeds in my yard, but I can’t figure out what these are.

8396823D-C05F-4A32-B99C-EE53987EEECC.jpegC6A71F52-7D6C-4D72-8E07-3FBE0C9DC69C.jpeg

jeneliza

burton michigan
i belive the bottom one is a form of danaloin, if its what i have here in michigan, the darker green plant in the bottom, is violet, i belive, if its either of these they will both bloom, i have the top one to but have no idea what it is

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I don’t know the first one.

The second picture does include violets (safe). The lighter green one is hard to tell, since it’s growing so close together but I think it’s something in the brassica family; not dandelion. Brassicas are safe to feed. Safe either way.

jeneliza

burton michigan
I don’t know the first one.

The second picture does include violets (safe). The lighter green one is hard to tell, since it’s growing so close together but I think it’s something in the brassica family; not dandelion. Brassicas are safe to feed. Safe either way.
Does it also flower like danlion? The ones I have do, but I not sure if it is the same as the ones here, I don't feed them to mine, I grow some , because my neighbor sprays her yard, I am told it doesn't go that far, but I don't trust it, so I grow some , in pots,

jeneliza

burton michigan
Does it also flower like danlion? The ones I have do, but I not sure if it is the same as the ones here, I don't feed them to mine, I grow some , because my neighbor sprays her yard, I am told it doesn't go that far, but I don't trust it, so I grow some , in pots,
[/QUOTE if it is I learned something new, and always figured it was a type of danlion,

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Thanks everyone. I’m familiar with the violet, didn’t even realize I had it in the picture. The other two, no clue. I haven’t seen any flowering yet with the plant near the violet, but I’ll keep looking. It’s everywhere. If it is safe, and my tort won’t reject it, we have an abundance. I’ll hold off for now though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The second picture look like the one we have here that I call wild mustard. It makes little tiny yellow flowers and it lasts long into the dry season.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
The second picture look like the one we have here that I call wild mustard. It makes little tiny yellow flowers and it lasts long into the dry season.
Here’s some with a flower blooming. Is that it?

5ABD534B-096C-474D-A7ED-FFBACFF35498.jpeg

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
It’s a little hard to see but if it has four petals it is indeed one of the brassicas. Whether it’s mustard I can’t say but if not, it’s a relative. It seems a little low to the ground to be one of the mustards that grow where I live but it doesn’t mean it’s not a mustard common to your area.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, that purple flower isn't on the plant Tom and Rosemary are talking about. That purple flower is on the round leaf plant - violet.

I agree the other one in the picture sort of looks like wild mustard, however, there are too many plants all together to be able to see it clearly.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh wait! You're showing us the tall stalk with the yellow flower on it.. No, that's not mustard.