Anyone want to split a seed order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I am going to order some of the seed mix from Carolina pet supply for my Russians, but I seriously doubt I need an entire pound. A 1/4 would do it I think, I already have a lot of other plants for them. Would 3 other people want to take a 1/4 pound each, or someone take a half and another take a 1/4, or take the other 3/4? LOL. Either way, cost would be $4 per 1/4lb, plus shipping, which by parcel post would only be a dollar or two I am sure. I'll buy the seeds and then ship out the rest once I get them.

This is the one I am buying http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=162

Kristina

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
I'll Take 1/2 a pound and if someone else doesn't want the last 1/4 pound I would take it as well.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Sounds good to me. I just ordered, holy cow they charged almost $9 for shipping. What can you do though?

Kristina

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
do you take paypal?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
If you want to PM me the cost nd your paypal address I will send it out to you and claim the last 1/4 pound, thanks.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Sure, I will do that. I just ordered today, and it said that it usually ships within 4 business days but can take up to 10, and then priority is 2-4 days - so it might be as long as 2 weeks before you actually get it from me, just FYI.

Kristina

RussianRookie

5 Year Member
NorCal
may be a dumb question, but you grow those plants for grazing right? ive never heard of feeding torts a seed mix so i thought id ask anyway :p

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Aww darn I wish I saw this earlier ;)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Sorry :( If I end up liking what I got, I will probably order more, I will keep you in mind ;)

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Let me know. I'll take a some. Will send a mailing label. Best route is USPS flat rate envelopes and buy the postage online.

Depending on how you are planting these and rotating crops you may need the whole pound eventually.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I actually have an online business and have shipped literally thousands of packages ;) I know all about how USPS works.

I have a lot of local food sources, which is why I highly doubt that I will need the whole pound. I just want to add more variety.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
webskipper said:
kyryah said:
I actually have an online business and have shipped literally thousands of packages

Me 2.

Beware Turtlestuff.com and TurtleCafe.com (same business) show different prices for some of the same products and overcharge at least $5 for shipping. They pay another shipping business to pay USPS for them which in the end costs the buyer more.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I ordered from Carolina, I think I said that in the first post.

Those of you that are splitting with me - I got email confirmation today that my package was shipped, so hopefully I can get yours sent by Saturday and you should have them Monday :)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
woohoo

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
kyryah said:
I ordered from Carolina, I think I said that in the first post.

No kidding. You misunderstood my reply. Thanks anyway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.