ARBC ~ Alabama Red Bellied Cooter Baby Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Can you say happy Happy Joy Joy~~!!!! OMG.. I didn't think I would see these guys make it. Mr Pete brought the babies back today to be released into the bayou behind my house.. Before being returned back their natural habit.. I grabbed a few photos.. Its a happy/sad feeling.. So happy they made it out of the nest but sad to see them go back into the wild only because I worry about them not making it there.. But hey these little guys have come this far and fought the odds so I think they will be just fine!!!

nyvl.jpg

a1n7ty.jpg

30078s1.jpg

2hczres.jpg

2jep2.jpg

2eogpau.jpg

nyvl.jpg

Mr Pete did say that one little hatchling didn't make it. The little hatchling was preserved and will be sent to the Museum for further study.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow I'm just waiting on the nest to hatch that is right outside my front door.. I would love LOVE LOVE to catch them emerging from the ground.. This is the little traps he placed over the nest out by the road and by my house.. ALSO DANNY :) note.. The WARNING.. serves as a WARNING and as SHADE for the new hatchlings..

99f5vs.jpg

Pseudemys alabamensis http://zipcodezoo.com/Animals/P/Pseudemys_alabamensis/ << A little info link.. :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
OMG they are sooo cute :D
That is really really nice what you did for them!
Good luck with the other nest :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Excellent pictures Janice :D Hopefully you'll have more coming back to lay in another 10 years or so. :D
That works as a great bit of shade, doesn't it. :p

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Janice, great pics and great job. You should feel really proud. Awh babies are so sweet.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Ahhh Thanks everyone... The babies were so cute, I sure hope they make it out there in the bayou..I have checked a couple of times today the area where they were released and I didn't see any of them.. So that a good sign right???? Maybe they are all hidding in the grass.. Oh wow you should have seen them scoot across the water when they were released.. They shot out about a foot and then wiggled down into the water and grass.. Of course my girls were there saying good bye to each of them.. Oh Abby didn't wanna let them go.. All I keep hearing is, but we found the mama and the nest and now the babies... So why can't we have/keep them.. Their my babies!! (SAD FACE) lol.. One day she will understand.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.