Are these clovers? Too much ? picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Central Washington
I had ordered the Russian seed mix from Caroline Pet Supply and spread it out in my outdoor enclosure. So far the only thing that has come up are the clovers? I think it is the clovers. I know the rest will probably come up later, but Oakley is piging out on these 1 - 2" high.(?)

My question is..can she get too much of this? I do have other things planted out there that she nibbles on, but mostly she is eating the clover (?) and I noticed her poop is now much looser than it was before putting her outside for a couple of hours a day.

I am hopeless in identifying plants. Caroline lists Rimson clover, white new Zealand clover and red clover within her mix. These are what I am talking about. Is this too rich for 8 - 10 yr old Russian.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Looks more like turnip greens which come in that mix. They usually come up pretty quick. It shouldn't be harmful/too rich at all if there's variety.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
pfara said:
Looks more like turnip greens which come in that mix. They usually come up pretty quick. It shouldn't be harmful/too rich at all if there's variety.

Thanks. I guess I will stop worrying about her then.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
It's easy to get worried over the tiniest things when it comes to our loved ones. The mix you got from Carolina Pet Supply works well. I have the grazing mix from there and my torts seem to eat it all before it can become even remotely established. I'd throw seeds into their enclosure and wait about 3 days for them to sprout. The next thing you know, my semi-lush enclosure becomes a naked forest of topless sprouts. I say, let your baby get his/her fill of the mix and don't worry about it :D

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
pfara said:
It's easy to get worried over the tiniest things when it comes to our loved ones. The mix you got from Carolina Pet Supply works well. I have the grazing mix from there and my torts seem to eat it all before it can become even remotely established. I'd throw seeds into their enclosure and wait about 3 days for them to sprout. The next thing you know, my semi-lush enclosure becomes a naked forest of topless sprouts. I say, let your baby get his/her fill of the mix and don't worry about it :D

You're right I have had her 6 months now and she is growing, eating, drinking/soaking, and seems to be very healthy. Time to relax some.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Looks like at least two different 'weeds'. And if you think about it, that's kind of the way it is in nature. Weeds come up seasonally, so they pig out on one kind, then that fades, then another. Over the season, they get a mix.

Hard to relax when it is your beloved tortoise! She is a lucky girl.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
lynnedit said:
Looks like at least two different 'weeds'. And if you think about it, that's kind of the way it is in nature. Weeds come up seasonally, so they pig out on one kind, then that fades, then another. Over the season, they get a mix.

Hard to relax when it is your beloved tortoise! She is a lucky girl.

Thank you :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.