Are these safe?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
I am really bad at plant id. Think #2 is prickly lettuce, n safe. Thought I would bump your thread so someone reliable can answer.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Can I ask where in the world you are? It gives a better chance of identifying what you have.

A Bump is just a post that has nothing to say, but brings your thread up to the top of the list so people don't miss it.

MeAndMyTort

USA
Can I ask where in the world you are? It gives a better chance of identifying what you have.

A Bump is just a post that has nothing to say, but brings your thread up to the top of the list so people don't miss it.

I live in Massachusetts, USA. :)

Thank you for enlightening me on "bumps." I appreciate it!

MeAndMyTort

USA
I am really bad at plant id. Think #2 is prickly lettuce, n safe. Thought I would bump your thread so someone reliable can answer.
Thanks for your thoughts:)
After studying Yvonne G's safe and unsafe plant thread, I think it's either prickly lettuce or broadleaf plantain.
Any thoughts @YvonneG

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Thanks for your thoughts:)
After studying Yvonne G's safe and unsafe plant thread, I think it's either prickly lettuce or broadleaf plantain.
Any thoughts @YvonneG
It's not broadleaf plantain.
The 2nd one looks like bitter cress. Do the seeds shoot everywhere when you touch them. My torts eat it, if it is that.

Last edited:

MeAndMyTort

USA
It's not broadleaf plantain.
The 2nd one looks like bitter cress. Do the seeds shoot everywhere when you touch them. My torts eat it, if it is that.

Yup, seeds shoot everywhere. :) Thank you so so much!! It has completely taken over my yard, so flying seeds would probably explain it... lol

Also, @jake Devoe, I am downloading the app right this very minute!! Thank you everyone:D

MeAndMyTort

USA
Maybe... I'm not quite sure. I think wild radish flowers are a little more "flower-y?" Thanks for your thought. Definitely considering it:)