Are white growth lines bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abclements

5 Year Member
I recently started feeding mazuris 4 times a week. Ive read mazuris all the time/not at all/anywhere in between. But ive started to notice some white growth lines only when hes wet. I dont think it can be marbeling yet cuz hes only 7ish months old... its really hard to see in the pictures i took so ill try to get better pics when im home.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
They are always white-ish. It usually darkens up within a day or two, but then its replaced with more growth lines, so you never really notice it....
Now, if there is THICK white growth lines (1/8-1/4", you get the idea) that means the growth lines are dry, and the humidity is to low.

abclements

5 Year Member
No definitely not that thick! But that's very good info to have just in case, so thank you! The lines only really show up when his shell is wet but this morning was really the first time I've noticed them and wasn't sure if I was over doing it on the Mazuri... I'll make sure to keep an eye on the lines just in case! Thanks for the feedback everyone!

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
Yeah, I notice that to, the only time they are easy to see is when the tortoise is wet...But for mine that is always :).

Status
Not open for further replies.