Arizona Tortoise Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaKid39

5 Year Member
Just want to start this thread for all of us Arizona Tortoise owners. A place where us Arizona peeps can hang out. Feel free to introduce yourself and where you are from. Wittmann here :tort:

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
Hey there! We're new tortoise owners and live in southern AZ. We got our daughter a GREEK torti for her 12th birthday a little over a week ago. We love him so much already.

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Hello, I'm Whitney I am 26 years old and my tort is T Rex! He is a redfoot and is about 9 months old. We live in Gilbert, so just south of Phoenix! :)

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
O I forgot to mention, we are just south of Tucson! Hey Whitney! We get our rescue persians from AJ's persian rescue in Gilbert. I love driving thru Gilbert, it's so pretty.............

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Yea it has really built up A LOT. I remember when there was nothing out here besides farms! haha That's cool that you rescue persians they're cute cats!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hey guys and gals...im in Peoria. Close to Lake Pleasant. Its still pretty quiet out this way but not for long im sure...

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
mainey34 said:
Hey guys and gals...im in Peoria. Close to Lake Pleasant. Its still pretty quiet out this way but not for long im sure...

My bf lives in Peoria (75th and Union Hills) so I am out that way often. It is a nice area, definitely comparable to where I am. I hate the drive though! haha

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Well, he is not far at all...im at 67th ave and Happy Valley..little farther Out...

Alsty

5 Year Member
I'm from north central Phx, living in LA now but in AZ a few times a year!

ArizonaKid39

5 Year Member
Wittmann here. Very quiet out here. Busy taking care of my turtles.

Going to start building an outdoor enclosure for my hatchlings. Will post pics as I go. Any do's or don'ts? Ideas? I will be using cider blocks with a screen with 1/4 inch holes for the roof. Planting Bermuda grass and Mallows. Running a drip line for water. Den will be cinder block as well. Thanks

Niki

5 Year Member
Hi! I live in Scottsdale... Have a Russian tort that lives in my backyard.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Anyone know of tortoise sitters in the Phoenix area?

I got a name once "Beverly" but her number has changed and I don't have it.

ArizonaKid39

5 Year Member
What kind of tortoise do you have? I don't know of any. Maybe you could ask a personal friend. Good Luck

Just started building Sadie and Dazie' outside enclosure. The enclosure measures 8'x11. Still not finished. Will post more pics as it comes along.

image-2609828031.png

image-3304899837.png

image-2636378583.png

ArizonaKid39

5 Year Member
Just wanted to share some awesome pics of the Vulture Mine area. I'm sure the tortoises are still in hibernation. It was a nice day today :tort:

image-9190057.png

image-3282390210.png

image-1709814303.png

image-4227944335.png

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Wow..you have done a very nice job. And i like your views. Awsome pics. Thank you for sharing...

dcwolfe

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Im 24 in Mesa AZ. I own two leopards and have owned a little bit of everything. I am also studying Aeronautical engineering at ASU.

Status
Not open for further replies.