Asking for Dora?

Danajmc

Location (City and/or State)
Ireland
Hey guys, so I was told Dora was female but don't think she is.. any suggestions for male names...

Anyway the reason why I'm here today is because I noticed that tort doesn't poop in her/his enclosure. Only in the baths I give her and outside..

I still have the little vivarium, is that why, not enough space and exercise? Is she trying to keep her home clean.. I've never seen any poops in there and I spot clean everyday just encase.. it's seems to be a good habit to have anyway.

Not really an issue because I still bath her every day to help with her skin peeling and I leave her in there till she poops..

I have her new enclosure and going set it up today for her...

Any theories or suggestions 🤔

Thanks
Dana

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hey guys, so I was told Dora was female but don't think she is.. any suggestions for male names...

Anyway the reason why I'm here today is because I noticed that tort doesn't poop in her/his enclosure. Only in the baths I give her and outside..

I still have the little vivarium, is that why, not enough space and exercise? Is she trying to keep her home clean.. I've never seen any poops in there and I spot clean everyday just encase.. it's seems to be a good habit to have anyway.

Not really an issue because I still bath her every day to help with her skin peeling and I leave her in there till she poops..

I have her new enclosure and going set it up today for her...

Any theories or suggestions 🤔

Thanks
Dana
Hello!
Pooping in bath is common. And as you bath your tortoise daily she just has nothing to poop in the enclosure, it's normal (and a good trick to avoid frequent substrate changes).

Lack of exercise is another reason. Tortoises need to walk to move things through intestines. When there is not enough space to roam, soaking helps with bowel movements and passing urates.

Danajmc

Ireland
Yes I let her outside at least 3 to time a week.. it is raining here in Ireland at the moment... I don't don't bring her if the ground is wet.. is that right or can I ket her when it is wet.. I've seen some torts love it when it rains or is that only of it too hot.

Currently 18C and damp and clammy feels warm for me but is it warm enough for my tort

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Currently 18C and damp and clammy feels warm for me but is it warm enough for my tort
Tortoises are solar powered. 18C is warm enough IF it is sunny. 18C and cloudy with no way for a tortoise to warm up is too cool. And wet doesn't matter, as long as the tortoise can warm up in the sun.

Its wonderful that your tortoise only poops in the soaking water. Tell him or her "thank you". You never have to clean out that enclosure.

Why do you not think Dora is female? Did "she" flash male parts? Post pictures of the plastron showing the tail and anal scutes and we can help you figure it out.