AZ Tortoise keeper's almost-anything-goes thread

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Thalatte said:
Thanks. I am hoping to atleast rehome Bane to someone on this forum as I feel he needs specialized care with a tort expert. He has been doing great and has gained alot of weight since I got him but he still has a long way to go.

I would like to take care of Bane, I built a new pen last summer for Sonorans specifically. I sent you a PM.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
hows everyone doing? i got some new-to-me paintball gear the other day that normally goes for about $850 used (obviously it varies person to person)..it all costs a little over $1,200 new..and i got it for $350! needless to say, i was an extremely happy paintballer that day. haha.

tort_luv_5055

New York (USA)
Re: RE: AZ Tortoise keeper's almost-anything-goes thread

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
I hope all tort lovers have a great
Christmas and happy Roses to all

I feel like hanging out with my tortoise but he is sleeping. WHY HE SO SLEEPY HE SO BORING SOME TIME I CAN NOT STAND WANT TO WAKE UP BUT NO I LET SLEEP SO HE IS HEALTHY.
I wish he was more active. I can't wait till he gets bigger. He has already doubled his size (was 1 inch when I got him, now he is 2 in.) Idk how much he weighs but I can't convince my parents to buy me a scale. I want a doughnut!!!!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
I hope all tort lovers have a great
Christmas and happy Roses to all

You too grandpa [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Just help you understand why the " the happy roses " is because I'm from MI.
( about 30 yrs ago ) so while my kids
Are in the north and looking for snow
I always tell them I've been watching the
Roses bloom . But no snow thank god

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm not a snow person either [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] that's why I live here. I don't mind visiting it every once in awhile, but that's about it

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Yes that's what I told my son in AZ we get snow but it's our choise to go see it
It don't surprise us like it did in MI

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Had my first leopard babies yesterday. It is a first for me, couldn't be a nicer Xmas present. Also, they were hatched in my homemade incubator that i made out of a wine cooler.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
That's great just keep them warm and I
Don't feed them for about 5 days so they will absorb the yoke sack

parrotlady

5 Year Member
So far I have five hatchlings another seven eggs to go in this clutch, another 19 eggs still cooking. I hope every one had a warm and happy holiday!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Happy birthday AZtortMom!!

parrotlady said:
So far I have five hatchlings another seven eggs to go in this clutch, another 19 eggs still cooking. I hope every one had a warm and happy holiday!

Have we saw pictures of them?

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Not yet, where do I go to get help loading pictures? The count is now up to eight.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
parrotlady said:
Not yet, where do I go to get help loading pictures? The count is now up to eight.

I put my pictures into photobucket and then in to here myself.

miwhaley

Since this is an AZ thread I'm going to post this here as well as adoptions. These two Sulcata's are stuck in a humane society, located in flagstaff AZ. The name is coconino humane society. I do not know how much they want for them, but I do know that they need to be saved. There temp was low and they had pyramiding, not to extreme yet, but still... I assume this is the enclosure they were brought in with. If I could take them I would, but I have a hatchling of my own and no room for two more. I covered them with the hay that was in there as they were trying to burrow into the glass. The water dish they have us not sufficient and they were served only chopped carrots and tomatoes. Here's the pictures I took. If anyone goes they are located in the cat room. ImageUploadedByTortForum1388275836.839601.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1388275847.077059.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1388275857.742416.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1388275867.593772.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1388275877.635428.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1388275888.289807.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1388275898.902758.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Just to make things interesting...

I may be looking to sell my hypo redfoot Pip and possibly my cherry head Nismo. I am talking to a buddy of mine about it but if he doesn't end up wanting them they will be up in the sale section soon. If anyone is slightly interested let me know. I should be able to give a clearer answer in a few days. They are both healthy, with smooth growth, and hatched out in April 2013. Questions on price and what not are welcome in PM. I also am able to meet just about anywhere in the valley if I decide to sell to you!

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Sorry, to hear that you might be selling your babies. Let me know what you will be asking, once you have made a decision. I hope you will find a way to keep them.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
It's all good. I would love to keep them all but I have 2 more hypos on the way so it just makes sense to give one up to help fund my project. Hypos are the best! :) I'm guessing I am one of the only people (if not the only person) in AZ with hypo redfoots that's why I figured someone local may be interested.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Wow! I can hear crickets in here! How is everyone?