Babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
My Sri Lanka babies are back to 100%. I actually think they are better than ever. They are for sure a lot more active throughout the day. I have been keeping them in the incubator every night and it seems to have helped them out a lot. Here they are:

Star1.jpg

Star2.jpg

My hatchling leopard still walking the enclosure by her lonesome. I checked the eggs tonight and it looks like one will be ready to go tomorrow.

Leobaby1.jpg

Leobaby.jpg

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful tortoises :)

Good to hear that the Sri Lanka babies are doing good. Your Leopard looks great, how many more eggs do you have left?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
30 something, I had a couple explode and she's still laying so I haven't bothered to count. The oldest clutch is almost 150 days now.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Glad to hear that the incubator did the trick!! Can't wait to see some more little leo's keeping her company!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cool. Glad the stars are ok. Wow, 150 days. Don't give up. I just re-read the Fife's Leopard book and it says that sometimes even babcocks have a diapause that needs to be broken.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
With all those stories we heard at the conference I won't be throwing away any eggs. Richard was telling me he has a lot of babcocki's that incubate for 6 months or more.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
That's great ot hear your Star's are doing good hopefully he will have some company soon:) he or she looks great:D

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
150 days ain't nothing.....there was a radiata egg that took over 500 days to hatch!

Neal, I am glad the stars are good and I am glad you didn't sell them!

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
Glad to hear the Stars are doing better.

Congrats on the Leopards, keep posting pics. Everybody likes to see baby pics. :)

Wish I had room for couple of them.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Aww nothing better than hatchling pics :) Thanks for sharing!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I could imagine the sunken feeling when you found them in that condition. Glad to hear that they will be just fine. Hows it going with the one that is supposed to hatch any day now?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks guys. The new one just pipped tonight, she should be through tomorrow sometime. She was a clutch mate of the one that has already hatched and incubated at the higher temps closer to the top of the incubator so should be a girl as well. Hopefully I will have pictures tomorrow.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Neal Butler said:
Thanks guys. The new one just pipped tonight, she should be through tomorrow sometime. She was a clutch mate of the one that has already hatched and incubated at the higher temps closer to the top of the incubator so should be a girl as well. Hopefully I will have pictures tomorrow.

Lets see some pics of that incubator

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Incubator.jpg

MR-148. Not the most popular, but I really like it. The containers towards the top are at 89.7, the ones on the bottom are 85.6 so the ones in the middle are in between those two temps. The top right corner has my two stars sleeping, and there's a container towards the bottom that I keep the leopard baby in. I keep the container on top of the incubator outside during the night cause I don't have enough room. The 3 eggs in there are all fertile so they don't seem to mind the temperature fluctuations. 33 eggs including the ones on the top, and I have a nest that I left outside.

I'm out of school and not working yet so I have all sorts of time. Any other requests, lol.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
gummybearpoop said:
Nice incubator Neal

Maybe someday I'll have some Astrochelys Radiata in there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.