Baby is not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Girl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
My Sulcata does not have a very good appetite and I am starting to get concerned. I make sure there is fresh greens at all time and she gets soaked at least a half hour each day.

Her current bedding is coco coir and she has a uva/uvb/heat light that creates a basking spot at 100 degrees, she also has a ceramic heat to keep the heat up in the rest of her space... gradient of 80-70.

The place I got her from did not have a proper set up and I just couldn't leave her there. She did not have heat or uv =( but did have fresh greens such as kale.

She is still very active, if I take her out into my backyard for some fresh sun she takes off and has a blast exploring.

I have heard about baby food soaks? What time of food should I use?
Any suggestions on getting her to eat?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
It seems like the tort is really new to you? It can take some time...just be sure your temps are good as well as plenty of places for your little one to hide in/under while in the indoor enclosure....:p

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
If the coir is not moist, moisten it. Does it have a humid hide? If the cage is otherwise lower in humidity, that may help.

I like sweet carrots or sweet potatoes for the baby food soaks. I have also used others. I generally go with the carrots out of habit.

Maybe sink a little plastic dish into the coir after planting some parakeet/cockatiel/lovebird seed in some soil in said dish. I notice some of my babies really get into picking off various little sprouts. The cotelydons are especially nutrient-dense and that may be part of the draw for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.