Baby Leopard with Dented Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewback

5 Year Member
I was thinking about buying this baby leopard but the dent on its side seemed large enough to question whether it would effect the animal's future health. In your opinions will this get better over time, given proper care, or should I steer clear of this one? Thanks.

560716_507524969271732_107974707_n.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's probably impossible to know if it would have any effect on him down the road. I guess it's up to you if you want to take the chance on him or not.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Let the person know you are interested and you will get back to them in a day and you will let them know if you are for sure going to get him. Meanwhile let's see why everyone else has to say :) (not that you dont know why your talking about Wellington ;))

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Let the person know you are interested and you will get back to them in a day and you will let them know if you are for sure going to get him. Meanwhile let's see why everyone else has to say :) (not that you dont know why your talking about Wellington ;))

LOL, I might not:D

EricIvins

5 Year Member
It may or may not correct itself. I've seen these deformities go either way. However, that animal is already over priced on the auction. Unless you don't mind paying close to what you would pay for a normal, non deformed Leopard........

Dewback

5 Year Member
EricIvins said:
It may or may not correct itself. I've seen these deformities go either way. However, that animal is already over priced on the auction. Unless you don't mind paying close to what you would pay for a normal, non deformed Leopard........

I was surprised how quickly the price jumped. Considering the cost of shipping I am not sure it is worth the risk.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I bought a yearling which was really round but had a scute which was "dented" in on its back. Nobody wanted this girl because she was not perfect, but she was affecionate and healthy so I took her. I'm a sucker for the runt of a litter type. She is big and healthy, super round but still has the dent. I think maybe there was some calcium deficiency, MBD or something going on with her. I'm still happy I got her though. :D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
EricIvins said:

Agreed. I don't know what the auction price is or was, but if it's being offered at the same price as a normal leopard, I'd go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.