Baby Leopards Weight Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Harrietta, MI
:) Hey everyone, i wanted to get the grand babies weight so Cassie can keep track of how there growing, but we didnt have any fancy scale, so i told Cassie to dig out the ol trusty mushroom weight scale, one we use to weigh and bag up morel mushrooms. Anyways just as i was getting ready to get some pics with flash my stinkin cam died batteries need rechareged. But i managed these pics for now, im not scale savy so i was wondering if you all could help me out and take a stab at what it shows in the pics. The babies are 7 months old. First pic is of the scale with bowl on and what it weighs.
Bowl weight
DSCF1586.jpg

Now "Tikii" in the bowl
DSCF1587.jpg

and the weight with Tikii in the bowl, hope you can see it as my pics was getting funky from the cam getting ready to croak. :(
DSCF1592.jpg

and last "Javari" cam died right when i snapped the pic DOH!!
Hopefully you can see the red line..
DSCF1591.jpg

Can anyone tell me there weight in grams??

Thanks everyone and sorry for such crappy pics. I need to invest in a gram scale..:D

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Think you need to invest in a new scale. I can't even make out the markings on it for grams. You should be able to reset the weight to zero with the bowl on top before you weigh your tort in it. Cute little guy!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Can only offer words of encouragement that someone will help you out and I can post here this comment which will bump your thread back towards the first page where the others will see it....:D

Pretty little torts...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I think your scale is showing their weight in grams. From the looks of the pictures, the scale is showing both of them somewhere between 75 and 100 grams. Which is on the higher end of average. Looking at the size of your tortoises though, I'm going to say they're more like 50 - 75 and your scale isn't calibrated, but that's just a guess. Target has nice digital scales for cheap. I'd recommend one of those for a more accurate weight.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
There are too many brands out there to make any kind of suggestion, but if the scales can display the weight in grams then you should be ok for your purposes.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
Ok i dont know if im doing something wrong with the scale or what but i fallowed the directions on how to set it and everything, each time befour putting them on the scale i hit the 0 button so that it reset it back to 0.0 when i put each baby on the scale it read the same thing in grams 40g and inbetween each baby weigh i hit the 0 button to make sure each one was weighed correctly, then i hit the oz selection to see if i was off or something on something and they both read the same thing 1.4oz I fallowed the scale directions to the T, now am i doing something wrong or are the both weighing the same?? Also thats there weight for 7 months old and there size is as fallows,
Javari is as fallows in the pics
size
DSCF1606.jpg

weight in G's and OZ
DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1605.jpg

and now Tikii as fallows
size
DSCF1608.jpg

weight in G's
DSCF1601.jpg

and his/her OZ's was the same as Javari's 1.4oz

Now my questions are is there size and weight normal for there age?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know whats a good weight for a leopard but since they look about the same size then it's most likely that the both do weigh 40 grams..

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
tHE WEIGHT SEEMS APPROPRIATE FOR THEIR SIZE. They seem to be a little small for their age, though, to me. They really haven't grown a lot.

Hallbomber

5 Year Member
Southern California
Go with digital scale from office supply store made for mail. Mine was like 40 bucks and its flawless. Its a Salter Brecknell Model 311.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
Thanks everyone i apreciate it. :D Both are eatting real well and both get soak bath 2 times a day. Tikii is still somewhat on the shy side and less active then Javari.
Javari is very outgoing and always curious.

Hallbomber that is a digital postal scale im using just got it this mornning. :) You can use it with the top platform on or flip it up i used it with the top part fliped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.