Baby pardalis

randrianp

Location (City and/or State)
bandung
Hello, can anyone tell me, if this pic pardalis babcocki or not pure p babcocki cross breed with p pardalis.
Because i have another hatcling that grow slower, and eat smaller
I have 1adult male and 2 female leopard, but the characteristic and the growth of both hatcling a bit different

Attachments

• IMG20230719141455.jpg
    IMG20230719141455.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 7

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, can anyone tell me, if this pic pardalis babcocki or not pure p babcocki cross breed with p pardalis.
Because i have another hatcling that grow slower, and eat smaller
I have 1adult male and 2 female leopard, but the characteristic and the growth of both hatcling a bit different
There is not longer any subspecies designation for leopard tortoises. Its all one species with 11 clades from around their enormous range.

These babies are showing some SA genetics, but the only way to know for sure is to know the parents and their origins.

randrianp

bandung
There is not longer any subspecies designation for leopard tortoises. Its all one species with 11 clades from around their enormous range.

These babies are showing some SA genetics, but the only way to know for sure is to know the parents and their origins.
Thank u sir, appreciate for the response. But i dont think i can trace the origin of the parents, because i just bought randomly from local importer 4-5years ago.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Thank u sir, appreciate for the response. But i dont think i can trace the origin of the parents, because i just bought randomly from local importer 4-5years ago.
Then I would consider them to be intergrades between the two previously recognized subspecies (S. p. pardalis and S. p. babcocki) because the babies are showing some characteristic markings of one and some characteristic markings of the other, and none of them are perfect "textbook" examples of either one.

Reactions: Tom