Baby Sully stressed?

graciemay98

Location (City and/or State)
OH
My very young sulcata almost constantly scrapes and runs into the sides of his enclosure (large plastic tote). The enclosure has always been see through, but just in the past month he has started spending all his time ramming into the corner/wall in the same spots all day... to the point where he’s completely vertical.. he only stops if he’s eating or sleeping. Is he stressed?
(p.s. i’m putting him in a larger wooden enclosure today- going to see if that makes it better)

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
There are many things that could be the problem. Can we see pictures of the enclosure? What are the dimensions?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What size tortoise and what size tote? We are asking because this usually happens when the tortoise is housed in an enclosure that is too small. Tortoises need a lot of room to roam.

graciemay98

OH
Okay so i moved him from the plastic tote (sorry i don’t have a picture but it was just shy of 3ft long by 2ft wide) into the habitat pictured below. it’s obviously not nearly finished i promise! i’m just showing for size purposes.
But now my little baby is so scared and nervous it seems :( is this normal for a new house change? IMG_4274.jpg