Baby Tortie FOUND!!! 🩷😭

Princessx

Location (City and/or State)
Las vegas NV
Found my baby tort just about an hour ago after he had gone missing yesterday! He climbed out of his enclosure and went on a little bit of an adventure on the farm. Was so worried about him!

Try to spot him from this picture! Hidden in plain sight! 😅

Does anyone have any recommendations for tracking speedy tortoises? Currently renovating his enclosure now & definitely will be investing in cameras!

Attachments

• IMG_8559.png
    IMG_8559.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well first if it's a baby he needs to be in a closed chamber not outside
I can't tell in the pic what kind it is but they all need to be housed with high humidity as babies.
I suggest reading the care sheet for the species it is and worry about getting an indoor enclosure set up.

Princessx

Las vegas NV
I can't tell in the pic what kind it is but they all need to be housed with high humidity as babies.
I suggest reading the care sheet for the species it is and worry about getting an indoor enclosure set up.

He’s got an indoor hutch set up currently :) I have a huge outrun for him outside where he loves to bask in the sun and graze.

Thank you for the info!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
As you've been advised by Wellington, your baby should be kept in a closed indoor enclosure, with the correct conditions - temperature, humidity, lighting, substrate and diet. You are extremely lucky to have found him and you will lose him if your present conditions of care continue. Just a friendly heads up!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He’s got an indoor hutch set up currently :) I have a huge outrun for him outside where he loves to bask in the sun and graze.

Thank you for the info!
Not sure what you mean by hutch. A hutch is what is used for rabbits not tortoises.
You really need to read the care sheet thread and closed chamber thread on this forum and open your mind to learning the proper way to care for the tortoise.
Cuz what Tammy said is true.

Reactions: Ink