Bad poop, help!!

Jackdean02

Location (City and/or State)
Chichester
Hey guys I’m new here. I recently got a Russian tortoise and it seems pretty active, has an appetite and looks fairly healthy however whenever I give it a bath it poops very strangely. It’s making me quite worried, any tips? Do I need to take it to the vet??

many thanks,

Jack

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't see a problem. He's pooping in water. Sometimes it breaks up sometimes it doesn't.
If that's not what you are talking about then more description of your concern is needed.

Jackdean02

Chichester
I don't see a problem. He's pooping in water. Sometimes it breaks up sometimes it doesn't.
If that's not what you are talking about then more description of your concern is needed.
Thank you very much. I’m a new owner so don’t really know what to expect but I guess I made myself paranoid it had parasites or a respiratory infection

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
This is the careheet you need for your tort

It is the most up to date you'll find anywhere and well worth following because most pet shops, some breeders and even vets know very little about tortoise care and often give old information and will sell unsafe equipment for the profit.

Most tort problems are caused because of things we do or don't do for them, so if you post some pictures of his enclosure and lamps etc you'll get good feedback to make sure your tort is safe and healthy.

Read the caresheet and ask as many questions as you need if you want to double check anything.