bad thing happened to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, U.S.
terryo said:
I sent you his last letter Rich. He gave me a tracking number and said that he sent a Postal money order and I should be home on Thurs. to sign for it. He was very apologetic and signed it...The Mapes. So we will find out by Thurs. You are right, unless his wife wrote some of his letters, he definitely seemed like he had two personalities. Sometimes he made you feel bad for him and other times you hated him. Sometimes I felt he was just a confused old man, and other times you thought he was a young kid trying to scam you.

Have you heard the poem:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm a schizophrenic,
and so am I.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH EVAN !!!! I love that ! My grandmother is actually schizophrenic - no jokes, but even SHE jokes about it !!!

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
terryo said:
I sent you his last letter Rich. He gave me a tracking number and said that he sent a Postal money order and I should be home on Thurs. to sign for it. He was very apologetic and signed it...The Mapes. So we will find out by Thurs. You are right, unless his wife wrote some of his letters, he definitely seemed like he had two personalities. Sometimes he made you feel bad for him and other times you hated him. Sometimes I felt he was just a confused old man, and other times you thought he was a young kid trying to scam you.

Terry let me now if you actually get the money order, if you do I’ll use the visa gift card for happy hour this weekend lol. :cool::p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No matter what happens....use it for happy hour. We got our little boxie from Yvonne this morning and are very happy. I want to take a picture of Tim holding this little baby, but I have to ask his Mother first. He named it Chewbacca...and we are going to call him Chewey for short. You all know who that is...don't you?
Thank you Yvonne...Here's Chewey:
012444.jpg

444444.jpg

222.jpg

019-1.jpg

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Terry, my hubby is so funny. He looked at the pics and asked me where you lived that you were taking pics of the turtle in the rainforest. LOL. I explained that was chewey's tort table. We have DT so he did understand higher humidity torts and tables.

Dawna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You are very welcome, Terry. I was happy to be able to do it. I love your box turtle set-up. And Chewy looks very happy in it. Here at my house, they stay hidden all the time. Next time I think about it, I'll take a picture of Chewy's dad so you can see his big buggy eyes.

Yvonne

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Tim came home from school and I told him we would take Chewy out just for two pictures.

Gotta love his smile! Looks like we have the next generation tort lover.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
His smile makes it all worthwhile. That was very kind of Yvonne.

Terry I hope he or she keeps their promise and you are refunded your money tomorrow. Keep us posted :)

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
terryo said:
I will Rich...have fun at Happy hour and have one for me!

Just one? I usually go with a few friends, so will have a toast to your little grandson and his new pet :)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
This is one happy boy. Yvonne and Rich you are angels. Terry buy that boy a case of pop before your happy hour.

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG! That kid is simply thrilled...I am so glad it turned out good for him...thanks Yvonne for doing that for him...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
Tim came home from school and I told him we would take Chewy out just for two pictures.

Well, that great big smile makes it all worth while. I feel like a proud Grama!!

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Dreams really do come true as long as you keep on believing. What a happy ending this had. Rich and Yvonne what beautiful people you are to help a little boy be able to believe again. Terryo what a handsome grandson you have with such a beautiful smile. I've got to tell you that logging in everyday just to see what happens next was well worth it when today I logged in and there was Terry's grandson holding his dream in his hands. When I saw his picture I had to call my husband in to show him the outcome of this thread he too had a smile on his face.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Well Candy, tomorrow should be the REAL ending. According to "our man" he is sent the money and even gave me a tracking number. It should come tomorrow before 3. Rich deserves a fun happy hour for all he did for me and Tim. I will let you know tomorrow.............
I told Yvonne that this morning Tim told me his heart was pounding. (meaning he was so excited about the baby). lol

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
terryo said:
Well Candy, tomorrow should be the REAL ending. According to "our man" he is sent the money and even gave me a tracking number. It should come tomorrow before 3. Rich deserves a fun happy hour for all he did for me and Tim. I will let you know tomorrow.............
I told Yvonne that this morning Tim told me his heart was pounding. (meaning he was so excited about the baby). lol

Oh I will. I plan on going to Opah’s here in Aliso Viejo and have one of their key lime pie martinis. Maybe two. :shy::p

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Gosh Rich that sounds really good. Have one for me, but don't drive O.K.? I know you know this, but I just had to say it sorry. :D Candy

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Candy said:
Gosh Rich that sounds really good. Have one for me, but don't drive O.K.? I know you know this, but I just had to say it sorry. :D Candy
Oh we never drive; in fact the taxis know our address by now :shy:. You haven’t had a good martini until you have tried a key lime pie from Opah’s. I found the recipe and tried to make one for a friend but it just wasn’t the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.