Barb Lucy Trinity

skottip

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Do you mean Ken didn't give you any husbandry pointers? I think he weighs his animals monthly too, BUT, he also weighs the poop and then does his calculations and deductions to see the actual percentage on non poop weight growth and then divides by 2 to come out with the answer. lol
I have known Ken for years, love him like a brother and always bust his chops about his OCD ways, but that's what makes him the best.
He is probably feeding, soaking, or weighing and marking eggs as we speak. :)

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Lol!! My bud Scott knows me WAY too well!! Hey Scott , I was measuring the eggs this time! Lol!

Dan

5 Year Member
Indiana
About double their September weights, as I look back to the status update for that period. I'm still amazed by how much food vanishes over the course of a day.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I too am really amazed at how much these tortoises eat! I feed mine just over 10% of their body weight each day - and it all disappears!

Beautiful Burmese, Dan! Obviously a great job with them!

Reactions: Dan

Rue

Canada
I too am really amazed at how much these tortoises eat! I feed mine just over 10% of their body weight each day - and it all disappears!
!

...I am amazed at what one tiny Hermann's can put away. I swear I put in enough to feed 10 tiny Hermanns', but every time I come back to check on breakfast, there are only little green crumbs left.

Dan

5 Year Member
Indiana
Now up to 340, 411, and 499g as of this afternoon. Second largest one is flashing on the reg now smh. As a whole they seem to really enjoy warm temps and will bound out of their hide to be sprayed. image.jpeg

Dan

5 Year Member
Indiana
Just being rambunctious or time to separate? All three of these clamber all over each other or huddle under the heat lamp often. They seem to love it hot! Pictured are the confirmed male atop a suspected female. image.jpeg

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Man, don't my babies grow quick!! Great job!

Reactions: Dan