Basil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssydney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
So I recently went to the grocery store to pick up some food for my Redfoot. I saw that they had thyme, so I picked it up and put it in my cart, thinking it was thyme because that's what the price label under it said. Now I just got home and looked at the label, and it says that it's conventional basil. :l Can she eat this? Or should I just return it?

The4ts

5 Year Member
I bought some planted basil for my box turtles and russian tort, none of them ate any of it. it's still planted in their enclosures but they love to lay under it, and maybe I'm imagining this but I swear they like smelling it too lol.

ssydney

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
The4ts said:
I bought some planted basil for my box turtles and russian tort, none of them ate any of it. it's still planted in their enclosures but they love to lay under it, and maybe I'm imagining this but I swear they like smelling it too lol.

Thanks, I am going to plant it in her enclosure right now and see what she does ;)

The4ts said:

She LOVES it. She won't stop eating it!! She is choosing basil over her yummy fruit.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well now you know the answer! :D Often the herbs are not eaten, because they do have strong odors.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have fed basil occasionally. Cilantro has always been a favorite of my forest tortoises and water turtles, I always believed BECAUSE it is so strong smelling ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.