Basking temp

Meggy500

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I just got a cherry head red foot hatchling for Christmas. What should the basking temperature be? Thank you

daniellenc

Maryland
Hi there red foot owner here welcome! Cherryheads don’t require a basking spot and instead need stable temps throughout the entire cage between 82-88 degrees with humidity at or above 80%. Most accomplish this with a closed chamber and a CHE or RHP to provide heat.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Yup, what's been said above ... if you can get the temp and humidity up into the 80s, you're good to go.

My redfoot's enclosure has some variation in temperature, with cooler and warmer places and times of the day, but since I closed it up and added a thermostat to my primary heatsource, I'm able to maintain a comfortable environment for Darwin all the time.

He moves from place to place in the tank, maybe seeking to warm or cool himself, maybe just exploring, but he likes having a couple of hides as well as the option to come out and sun himself in the light from time to time ... in feeding them as in housing them, variety is one of the wonderful things about redfoots.

Jamie