Bath Time

Shakudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
Here is a picture of bath time. I have 14 Russian hatchlings that have hatched so far and 15 more fertile eggs in the incubator. This has been an amazing year for my girls laying eggs.

View attachment 84098

Amazing indeed, looks great, congrats!!!!

Joey

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tortoise Forum.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Please tell us about your incubation methods. Clearly they work! Mine don't, so I need to change them, probably starting with the incubator.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I use the HovaBator Incubator. I use HatchRite in plastic containers. I DO NOT put lids on the containers. I try to keep the temperature at 87 to 88 degrees. I try to keep the humidity at around 75%. I keep two thermometers/hygrometers in the incubator with the probes sitting on the HatchRite. This year I have been having trouble with the accuracy of my thermometers/hygrometers. I ordered two more of the same kind as I had ordered another incubator and needed two more thermometers/hygrometers. The two new ones had the same reading as one another, however, were approximately 2-3 degrees different than the older ones. I then got out the thermometers that came with the incubators and the one that came with my temperature gun and found out that the new ones were approximately 2-3 degrees higher So make sure you are getting an accurate temperature reading in your incubator. I wish you success with your next clutch of eggs.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Carol, they look GREAT!

Anyone reading,
I have 6 of Carol's babies from last year and they are all doing fantastic. I'm finishing up their large outdoor enclosure so they can move outside full time right now. Carol starts them very well and I couldn't be happier with them. Her adults are very well housed and fed a great natural diet of items that Carol mostly grows herself. I don't know if Carol is even looking to sell any, but if she eventually does, she gets my highest recommendation. If I needed any more babies she'd be the first person I'd call.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Wow, they are amazing! see this is why I stopped showing up for awhile, being here makes me want torts I don't have room for! ;)

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Tom thanks so much. I am glad all the babies you bought from me last summer are doing great. I am so glad that they have a wonderful home with you. I will be selling more babies this summer. I have three that are just about ready to go. They are eating like little pigs and showing growth. They are so cute and I love watching them. Thanks again.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! ! ! ! !

So many cute babies! ! ! !