Bathing tortoises

Pheebs

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hi I'm Phoebe, I'm new here and my tortoise is called Michelle and she has been enjoying this maze I have prepared for her. It is a very good way to get your tortoise exercising and experiencing new things. At the end of a corner you can put a little treat to encourage her. On another note I don't think she likes baths she can only take about five minutes , is that enough for her to get her hydration.

Thanks all ?

Phoebe

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings, Welcome to the Forum!

What kind of tortoise do you have? Age, sex, how long have you had it?

Many torts squirm about during soaks, but this is good too. Another form of exercise & helps keep them stay regular. What size tub are you using? Dark/opaque tall sided ones are much better than shallow see through ones. Also, check the temperature of the water. You want nice warm water, not cool or cold.

You might have to experiment with water trmps until you find a range your tort likes. Soaking for a good 30 mins is what you should be aiming for.

Finally, remember, soaking is good for them. They might not like, but it’s part of taking good care of your tort.

Happy Friday - Happy Torting

Pheebs

Manchester
Awwww thanks

My tortoise Herman's tortoise and we don't know her sex but they think it's a girl and She is nearly one her birthday is in April