Bears story 🥰

BearTheTurtle

Location (City and/or State)
USA Oklahoma
This is the story of how I got Bear…

On May 25 2023, we got our mower stuck in our ditch. Then, someone saw it, and asked us if we wanted him to get our mower out. (He had a truck with a mower on the trailer.) After he unhitched his trailer, and went to go pull our mower out, we realized that the mower was stuck, so he mowed the rest for us. While he was doing that, I found a tiny little box turtle on the trailer! Poor girl rode all the was to our house on the trailer! 😭 I picked her up, and set her up a cage. Now a year later living a happy life in a 40 gallon long enclosure,(with plenty of outdoor time) she is getting a new outdoor enclosure!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is the story of how I got Bear…

On May 25 2023, we got our mower stuck in our ditch. Then, someone saw it, and asked us if we wanted him to get our mower out. (He had a truck with a mower on the trailer.) After he unhitched his trailer, and went to go pull our mower out, we realized that the mower was stuck, so he mowed the rest for us. While he was doing that, I found a tiny little box turtle on the trailer! Poor girl rode all the was to our house on the trailer! 😭 I picked her up, and set her up a cage. Now a year later living a happy life in a 40 gallon long enclosure,(with plenty of outdoor time) she is getting a new outdoor enclosure!
Bear needs a MUCH larger indoor enclosure. 40 gallons is okay for a tiny new hatchling, but now it is much too small. A big outdoor enclosure is great too!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with Tom. 40 gallons is way to small and not a good life for her.
She needs so much more, to stay healthy and to grow properly.