Beautiful sunny day

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It was 80+ degrees today and had a chance to get these guys some sun.
Everytime the sun hits them they poop all over the place

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Lol how different they are from mine. Now my radiata simply hide from the sun till evening because the ray is too hot. He just come out afternoon time when it is raining.

But I agree, they do poop faster under sun.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Bigred,
I am seriously jealous. It's 58 here. Ugh. I want 80. Lol

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Ha!! Pretty poopers! :) :)
I am jealous too!! Its about 20 here!

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I will add to the jealousy, but its not because of weather :(.
They're gorgeous :). Where did you get them from?

I keep going back and forth on wanting these guys, and your posts are pushing me over the edge :). They have been my dream for years...But I feel like I don't know their care enough. Its few and far between for me that I can find any good diet for them. All of them just say "grasses, succulents, cactus" and such, but don't name any actual food items. I just can't nail down a diet plan good enough for me to take the risk to get them....

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
They are really beautiful, great pic. I am glad they get to enjoy nice weather!!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
RedfootsRule said:

I keep going back and forth on wanting these guys, and your posts are pushing me over the edge :). They have been my dream for years...But I feel like I don't know their care enough. Its few and far between for me that I can find any good diet for them. All of them just say "grasses, succulents, cactus" and such, but don't name any actual food items. I just can't nail down a diet plan good enough for me to take the risk to get them....

You need to just get one:D

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:

I'll take your advice one of these days :). (Hopefully somewhere in 2013)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
RedfootsRule said:
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:

You were asking where I got mine from, I got 2 of them from Bill Z. If you really are thinking about getting a radiated maybe you should consider getting a permit for radiated torts so you can buy sexed torts if that is a concern

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:

You were asking where I got mine from, I got 2 of them from Bill Z. If you really are thinking about getting a radiated maybe you should consider getting a permit for radiated torts so you can buy sexed torts if that is a concern

Do you have to have the permit to get already sexed tortoises? That seems very odd...Just what exactly is the permit needed for? I was under the impression you could buy/sell to anyone in the same state (for Florida, at least), and a permit was only needed to sell to another state?
Likely, I would like to breed them ONE DAY (10 years :)), I was just thinking...Start with one, get some experience, get it sexed (endoscope), get one of the opposite sex, and wait another couple years to breed them :).

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Lots of food to eat!

No you don't need a permit if you buy with in FL sexed or not makes no difference permit wise. Most of the babies being produced now are females and sexing now a days can be done by any good reptile vet for less then you might think! Unless or until you put a group together to breed it makes no difference either way.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
coastal said:
Lots of food to eat!

No you don't need a permit if you buy with in FL sexed or not makes no difference permit wise. Most of the babies being produced now are females and sexing now a days can be done by any good reptile vet for less then you might think! Unless or until you put a group together to breed it makes no difference either way.

Thats my feeling. My plan is to get one, let it grow up, and then get a mate for it wayyy down the road.
What are the benefits of a permit?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
RedfootsRule said:
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:

Do you have to have the permit to get already sexed tortoises? That seems very odd...Just what exactly is the permit needed for? I was under the impression you could buy/sell to anyone in the same state (for Florida, at least), and a permit was only needed to sell to another state?
Likely, I would like to breed them ONE DAY (10 years :)), I was just thinking...Start with one, get some experience, get it sexed (endoscope), get one of the opposite sex, and wait another couple years to breed them :).

Permit is just needed to buy from another state, Coastal is in Florida and has some crazy beautiful torts. Im thinking you should contact him.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:
bigred said:
RedfootsRule said:
bigred said:

Permit is just needed to buy from another state, Coastal is in Florida and has some crazy beautiful torts. Im thinking you should contact him.

Haha, he is the first one I considered. If I can, he will be where I would like to get one...

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
luvpetz27 said:
Ha!! Pretty poopers! :) :)
I am jealous too!! Its about 20 here!

Ditto - so jealous of all you warm-weather friends! So tired of the Ohio winter weather already!

Status
Not open for further replies.