Bebert81's Pelomedusidae

Bébert81

Location (City and/or State)
Toulouse, France
Hi all,

Will present you my turtles here.
For now I just come from an expatriation in Tunisia so I conserved my Pelusios carinatus.

As I live in South-West of France they can stay outdoor in Summer. I chose this 130x80x50cm Laguna Pond for my 2 subadults. It's a "low tech" one with just a small solar pump, lot of plants and wild Guppys.

General view
img_1911.jpg

Biscuit basking
img_3710.jpg

Biscuit & Jaws basking
img_1912.jpg

Jaws
img_1913.jpg

Now I'm thinking about the indoor pond for this winter. Will use a Sunsun filtration with a Pontec pump and try to conserv as much plants as possible. :)

Last edited:

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
I haven't a real filter, just a solar pump to move the water, plants are doing the filtration outdoor., I only use a real filtration mecanic system indoor.
Because of (or thanks to) my climate I need to fullfil the pond often.

Pelusios carinatus, African Keeled Mud Turtle, cousins of Pelomedusa subrufa, Helmeted Turtle, & Pelusios castaneus, African Mud Turtle.
They have a caracteristic pyramid shell, that's why they've been called carinatus. :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hi all,

Will present you my turtles here.
For now I just come from an expatriation in Tunisia so I conserved my Pelusios carinatus.

As I live in South-West of France they can stay outdoor in Summer. I chose this 130x80x50cm Laguna Pond for my 2 subadults. It's a "low tech" one with just a small solar pump, lot of plants and wild Guppys.

General view
img_1911.jpg

Biscuit basking
img_3710.jpg

Biscuit & Jaws basking
img_1912.jpg

Jaws
img_1913.jpg

Now I'm thinking about the indoor pond for this winter. Will use a Sunsun filtration with a Pontec pump and try to conserv as much plants as possible. :)
Beautiful animals and lovely pond!!! :)