Beginner Advice Needed

TurtleMommy22

Red foot group??
Yes there are many groups for tortoises but there are two I really like so far. One is called "the red foot tortoise people" and other one is "redfoot/cherryhead and yellowfoot tortoise group". They each have thousands of members worldwide, I really enjoy them!

enyoueffsea

Finally got all of the updates completed.

Humidifier is now on a timer, running for 40 minutes every 5.5 hours.
CHE bulb installed and on a thermostat to regulate the temperature
Plants positioned around the back of the viv for decoration and more importantly, to prevent climbing the walls.
Main light is on for 12 hours each day, again on a timer.
All of the electrics are on a surge guard extension lead, so if there is any unexpected shocks then it cuts all power out and prevents any issues.

Temperatures and humidity seem steady, plenty of places to hide and it seems quite happy! There is a hollow log hide behind the two plants in the middle, but it's not easy to see on the photo. The little guy loves sitting in that. Photo of the little one attached too.

vivarium.JPG IMG_5241.JPG

He seems quite content, eating well and enjoying his new surroundings.

I'm going to downgrade the UV bulb to a shorter length (as mentioned previously) but will do this when I next need to replace the UV bulb that I already have in place.

Thank you all for your help/support so far, I hope I'm on the right track now!

enyoueffsea

Thank you :)

It feels good to have it all up and running how I want it. Hopefully it'll be a good enough environment for the little guy to thrive!