8b80b7fd.png

And right after that a nice plate of Mazuri and hay

Some attention from the neighbors

26d505ae.png

A trip across the street to the park.

8bbf0122.png

My dad was "babysitting"

e09fb91f.png

Sorry some of the pics came out sideways...I don't know how to modify my pics on this iPad just yet. I'll have it down soon.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Looks like Bert will be needing a bigger bath tub pretty soon :D great pic's:tort:

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
How did he like the bath? Did he seem to enjoy or couldn't wait to get out of it? Did your Dad like babysitting? Looks like they both had a nice day!! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Use caution taking him to the park. Chemicals on the grass, dogs, people who might now know where you live and be a bit too fasinated with him...
To make soaking easier on you and he.. use a garbage can lid or whatever you are using.. dig a hole and place it flush with the ground. That way he can come and go at his own will. also i found that a running hose entices them to drink. Even muddy run off water.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks like a happy tortoise to me. He's got everything he needs.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Sorry some of the pics came out sideways...I don't know how to modify my pics on this iPad just yet. I'll have it down soon.

"just turn the pic like you would if it was real."

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
How long did Bert stay in the tub? Did he climb out on his own...or did he stay in long enough for you to take him out?

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Torty Mom said:
How did he like the bath? Did he seem to enjoy or couldn't wait to get out of it? Did your Dad like babysitting? Looks like they both had a nice day!! :) Thanks for sharing!!

He stayed in for about 5-7 minutes then he started squirming. I made sure the water was warm so for the first half he stayed in with no problem and drank a bit.

My dad really enjoys Bert. I had to leave a little early so my dad volunteered to stay with him and watch him. So many people stopped by to ask questions...most of them have never even seen a tort this big.

Laura said:
Use caution taking him to the park. Chemicals on the grass, dogs, people who might now know where you live and be a bit too fasinated with him...
To make soaking easier on you and he.. use a garbage can lid or whatever you are using.. dig a hole and place it flush with the ground. That way he can come and go at his own will. also i found that a running hose entices them to drink. Even muddy run off water.

That makes sense, I didn't think about chemicals. I myself have never seen people actually spraying the park with stuff and I took him there because there was tons of dandelions and weeds there. I'll make sure not to take him again just in case.

Not to worried about about theft. They'd have to get thru two gates and passed my parents bedroom plus someone is always home.

The tub you see him in is actually already flushed in a hole I dug the other day. I posted the pics in my last thread about Bert. I pulled it out cause I wanted him to be in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.