Best Breeding Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyBeans

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
metro detroit, mi
I was just curious about the breeding conditions of a Homes Hingeback. I know their living conditions are different, so im assuming their breeding conditions would be as well. I have a male/female pair and want to be prepared or encourage breeding. Ive always loved studying animals and would love to see the egg progressions.

also, is it harder to get eggs when in an indoor enclosure? Mine are now inside because of the weather but hopefully ill be improving on an outdoor enclosure for them next spring.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Put on some soft romantic music, dim the lights, and let the candle flames flicker over the flowers (may I suggest Hibiscus blooms), candy (okay how about red, ripe, juicy and luscious strawberries hold the chocolate), and wine (that's for you to be drinking)

Seriously the two things that tend to get romance going are rain (or spraying if inside) plus some folks swear by feeding them watermelon too. :D Some folks have their's only doing seasonal breeding, but mine seem to go at it off and on with no real "season". For instance I had Homes clearly calling out in the throes of passion just last week and I recall the same thing happening one Thanksgiving, when I had some very old family members over for the meal. The kind who believed in couples having seperate beds and sex was not a word to be spoken aloud. :D

IggyBeans

5 Year Member
metro detroit, mi
I was chopping their food the other day and heard their calls of passion. It also happened once when Gram was over(thank God she thouht it was hilarious) My poor boyfriend cant even watch. I just find it funny

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
Put on some soft romantic music, dim the lights, and let the candle flames flicker over the flowers (may I suggest Hibiscus blooms), candy (okay how about red, ripe, juicy and luscious strawberries hold the chocolate), and wine (that's for you to be drinking)

Seriously the two things that tend to get romance going are rain (or spraying if inside) plus some folks swear by feeding them watermelon too. :D Some folks have their's only doing seasonal breeding, but mine seem to go at it off and on with no real "season". For instance I had Homes clearly calling out in the throes of passion just last week and I recall the same thing happening one Thanksgiving, when I had some very old family members over for the meal. The kind who believed in couples having seperate beds and sex was not a word to be spoken aloud. :D

LMAO I also can see the faces of the older folks when the torts were getting it on, LOL Anything like that does always happen at those not so perfect times:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
There are times, when I will have a couple of males going at it, so it's like stereo surround sound. I at times just want to throw cold water on them. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
IggyBeans said:
How funny! I only have the pair so i get just one 'voice' at a time

There can be times, even one is too much. I mean these guys never go for a quickie it seems. They want the long drawn out kind.

IggyBeans

5 Year Member
metro detroit, mi
yeah...Whenever Keith hears it, he goes in the other room. I keep telling him that if I could take over the 'mancave' and make a rept room, he wouldnt hear it as often ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I give you a year or two and you will be looking at something along these lines:

002-3.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's funny! Pouring cold water on them may just make their noise louder...

Jacqui said:
There are times, when I will have a couple of males going at it, so it's like stereo surround sound. I at times just want to throw cold water on them. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
That's funny! Pouring cold water on them may just make their noise louder...

With my luck, no doubt that is true. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.