Best Canister Filter for Aquatic Turtles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
I'm about to upgrade my map turtle's filtration. I've always used Fluvals, mainly because of their ready availability and I've never had a major complaint with them. I'll admit though; I've never used one for a turtle before, only fish. What has others' experiences been with them?

Any other suggestions?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
There was a 5 stage one on amazon got 80 it got good rating. I ended up building my own, but I was going to try the amazon one. What's nice it has 5 trays for media. And it runs 500gph idk if its still on there.

Also the x series like xp4 and stuff idk hear good and bad about them all good luck tho

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I use aquatop cf's. I use the cf 300 for my 55 gallon and it keeps it perfectly clean! Not too clean but not dirty. My clam is alive because it is not too clean.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
We are big fans of the API RENA XP line. They've switched from a number system to new sizing system. The old XP3 is now XP-L. the XP4 is XP-XL. For a 55G tank, I'd recommend the RENA XP-L or the Fluval 305/306. If you're at a 90 gallon tank or more, I'd go with XP-XL or 405/406.

Status
Not open for further replies.