Best Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
So, I know a lot of you have pretty impressive enclosures. This thread should be a good place to show them off. Maybe we can see who has the "most" impressive one. Tell what type of tortoise/turtle the enclosure is for too. I'll start this out.

This is my hatchling box turtle enclosure.

IMG_0380.jpg

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Cute as a button! Is that a shell your little munchkin is standing against? I love the ivy, too.:D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Here is Hermy's enclosure, I added more plants a while ago (They were not in his enclosure yet when I took the pictures) :D

PICT2266.jpg

PICT2265.jpg

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Whoa! Is that tiny little thing on top the hide Hermy? If so, he is just a wee creature!:p Somehow I thought he was bigger.

Sorry I keep posting comments without enclosure pictures. I did just post photos of Taco's new enclosure here:

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-10678.html

Now I will butt out and let you continue with your thread.;)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
lol the little tortoise on the top of the hide is a little tortoise figurine :D Hermy is under the second floor on the fisrt pic :D.

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
Enclosure for my 6-month old Greek tortoise.

"Good morning! Did you bring me breakfast?!"

Sulcatatortoiseman

5 Year Member
This mine:

sorry for the small pics took them with my phone. That silver container is my seed tray for the carolina pet supply tortoise grazing mix i just put it there in the evenings.

Attachments

• 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 24

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Here is a picture of most of Trevor's home (Russian Tortoise yearling): on the top is the cool plant hide, then some rocks and driftwood, then his stair water dish, the basking area with plant and hay pile, his log hide complete with ramps, slate tile feeding area, and another hide plant at the way bottom mostly out of view. It's about 8 sq ft (over 5 ft in length) with 18 inch side and 6-8 inches of substrate for his digging pleasure...he has burrows through the whole of it if I don't cover them up. The only thing that has changed since I took the picture is we got him a bigger log hide so things shifted around a bit to accommodate it. Almost time for a remodel so Sir Trevor doesn't get bored!

33xydt1.jpg

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
you guys aren't running into problems with your torts eating your fake plants?

i don't like the ones with the fake plants...just saying.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
No problems with fake plants. When I put in a new one Trevor will take a test bite (not actually biting anything off), and then realize it isn't food. He actually does the same with anything placed in his enclosure--hide, substrate, tortoise figurine, lol. If I saw him continually trying to eat it I would remove it. Fake plants are so much easier than real ones, and work much better for us than other hides as my little guy won't go in the box hides, only plants and hay. I shop at Michael's with 40% off coupons from the newspaper ad.

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
I love fake plants. It keeps it green and makes sure the tort always has someplace to hide and move around that won't wilt/die/get trampled. I have a mix of real/fake plants in my enclosure, but the real plants are all in a planter that I can take out and sit outside when they're looking a little droopy.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I love fake plants too. Ernie tried to eat each of them when I first put them in, but soon learned they weren't edible =P no problems ever since then =]

Status
Not open for further replies.