Best humidifier for redfoots?

Momo

5 Year Member
Hi there,
I'm wondering what is the best humidifier? I've seen a lot of the Crane humidifier and some vinyl tuning! Does everyone like that as their main option? Thanks

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I use one I got from Wal_-Mart .

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
I use a Crane humidifier. Got it from Target for $40. It's well worth it, VERY quiet and adjustable humidity....ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433187968.240445.jpg

Momo

5 Year Member
I have a closed chamber, and I am able to maintain above 80, however that is as long as I am h
I use a Crane humidifier. Got it from Target for $40. It's well worth it, VERY quiet and adjustable humidity....View attachment 132226

Ok awesome. What about the vinyl tubing. Is it a half inch that fits into the opening at the top?

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
The vinyl tubing you can find at Home Depot. The hose you see in my pic was from the ZooMed reptifogger which broke after a couple months. This hose is junk too honestly, it's starting to degrade from the moisture.

Anyhow, what you can do, what I had to do, was use a saw to saw off the top in order to fit the tubing...ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433191799.922861.jpg

As for the temps, depending on where you live, you may have temp drops at night. I'm in Michigan so at night, it drops to 60 F and I have to rely on the CHE and heat mat under the soil to warm the enclosure. However, the air can be a little brisk, and if you have high humidity with lower temps you'll end up with a sneezing tortoise the next day. Thus, I would recommend turning it low or off at night. If she has a proper hide, it should remain humid enough for the night.

My enclosure is almost completely closed. I pour water in the corners occasionally to add humidity. So I really only need my fogger on when the heat lamp is on drying out the enclosure. I hope this helped. :)

sarahwelson

Santa Rosa USA Calfornia
Hi,Redfoot requires a damp domain. At the point when kept inside, you can run a warm fog humidifier in the tortoise space to help accomplish the high mugginess they flourish in. Soaking the substrate in the lounging zone likewise helps bring the mugginess up in the walled in area. Giving dark concealing spots shroud logs, tortoise-safe genuine or counterfeit plants, a heap of roughage to tunnel into, and so forth will make your Redfoot feel secure the other more ideas of best house humidifier visit this site.