better housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cberg45

5 Year Member
ok well im in a debate between a 40 gallon aqaurium vs a zoo med tortoise house right now i have a 4 inch Russian tort and i was wondering which one will be the best? I think the zoo med house will be better off because i will get one now and then by Christmas i will have another making a 6 foot cage instead of having the 40 gallon.

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I say bigger is better... my torts love their enclosure, it's about 11' x 17'. They are definitely happier when they are outside vs being in a large bin.

cberg45

5 Year Member
Lucymay said:
I say bigger is better... my torts love their enclosure, it's about 11' x 17'. They are definitely happier when they are outside vs being in a large bin.
ok do you think just one zoo med tort house will be big enough until christmas for him? he will be primarily inside im going to bring him out about 20 min a day

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you can get him outside as much as possible and as long as possible then the zoo med would probably be fine until you can add the second on at Xmas. However, a cheaper way, is getting a couple 50 gallon or larger plastic tote tubs from home depot and joining them together. Larger and cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.