Big Enough?

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
My step dad drives a truck and gives us 6x6s on a regular basis. That's what there is around it for now. The far right row is only 4x4s at the moment and he zooms right over them, lol!
How long do you think this will last?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I prefer to go a little bigger, but that size will work.

There is no way to predict how fast your tortoise will grow or how long your enclosure will last.

Zeko

5 Year Member
Kronk is 10-11 inches (if I am measuring correctly) and our weather is finally getting nice... The outdoor enclosure we are working on for him is roughly 16x24... Is this a big enough area to start with?

View attachment 124628

I think it comes down to quality over quantity. I've seen some large empty enclosures and the tortoises are obviously bored.

If you can make it more interactive with plants, paths and hides; I think that counts much more than just having a huge space. In my opinion anyway.

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
The deco and landscaping are next in our journey. All we have right now is the boundary line... just trying to make sure we do it right...

Zeko

5 Year Member
The deco and landscaping are next in our journey. All we have right now is the boundary line... just trying to make sure we do it right...

You'll want to have the border much much taller. If they can see the other side, they will try to get to it.