Bill the redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

superpooper

5 Year Member
Hi All!

I just wanted to say hello, and introduce Bill, from East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley this last Christmas. Please enjoy the photos. If anyone can tell what age he is, what type of redfoot he is, and if he is healthy, please let me know!

-35 gallon tall terrarium
-2" LECA substrate submerged in water under eco earth + stripped bark (turned every few days) separated with cage liner, kept very humid
-Strawberry, wheat grass, and some kind of fern
-Undertank heater in cold area kept at 80+ F
-150 W heat bulb 24 h/day adjusted to 97-105 F, 10.0 Full spectrum florescent bulb 12h/day
-Fed daily with (alternating days of course) spring mix(no spinach), romaine, mushrooms, fruit(no banana), and raw beef dusted with calcium + VD3 and multivitamins(amino acids + beta carotene) every feed
-water bowl kept full at all times
-carapace approx 3.5"
-plastron is yellow and black pigment along ridge plates

Enjoy!

2DSC03621.jpg

2DSC03615.jpg

DSC03623.jpg

DSC03627.jpg

DSC03635.jpg

DSC03644.jpg

DSC03659.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome to the forum. I love it when new folks come in and right away show us their pictures! Have you had a look at Terry Kilgore's redfoot site: turtletary.com

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum :)

Great pictures of your new Redfoot. :) You have a Cherryhead redfoot.

Danny

superpooper

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi and welcome to the forum. I love it when new folks come in and right away show us their pictures! Have you had a look at Terry Kilgore's redfoot site: turtletary.com

Yvonne

Yes, that site and many others like http://redfoottortoise.com/ have been super helpful. I look forward to seeing our tortoise into old age.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Looks like Dale our Cherryhead just a little smaller. He's adorable. Candy :cool:

superpooper

5 Year Member
naomi said:
You have very handsome looking tortoise there!
Welcome to the forum! Very one here is so helpful!

I was just wondering how your experience was with East Bay Vivarium? I was thinking of maybe getting a tortoise from there, if they ever get Hermanns.

I did most of my research online before looking for him. I would say theyre pretty excellent, as they specialize in reptiles. Only thing is their stuff is slightly more expensive than online vendors. I only got the lights and supplements from them. You should stop by and check too, as they don't update theyre website too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.