Bit of an odd one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niffer10

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Sorry guys to discuss a bit of a strange subject.
Just a bit concerned, I haven't seen our tort wee for a few days, been away for the weekend and work in the day so obviously may have missed it, but my mum said she didn't see her go either. She's still doing number 2s, seems herself, I've just noticed because she'd normally go once a day, and normally when I'd pick her up or have her on my lap! Just wondering if this is normal, maybe I'm just missing it!? Maybe I'm over worrying!?

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Torts wee when you pick them up because they are frightened, torts normally pee when they have enough liquid to restore what they will loose by peeing.
I wouldn't worry just yet,
Put her in a clean pen with newspaper down or paper towels for a few hours, even a large cardboard box in the garden, that way you will see if she is peeing,

Good luck

Niffer10

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Yvonne :) you're brilliant! My mum has been laughing at me for being so worried, she said what will i be like when i have a baby!! A nightmare I expect ;) always good to be sure though if you're worried I think, thanks Yvonne I'll do that when i get home :)

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Take her for a ride around the block in your car. That usually does the trick!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Niffer10 said:
DesertGrandma said:

:) my head gasket has gone in my car so no car to drive!! Rubbish :(

every mother knows the days/nights when you just can't get your little one to settle down and you will try anything to soothe them, including driving them in the car until they fall asleep. my mental picture of doing this with our tortoise just tickled my funny bone.

Niffer10

5 Year Member
UK
Lol, that tickled me too :) I'm 23 so children are still a bit of a scary thought lol, we got a tortoise instead! She's our baby hehe

DesertGrandma said:
Niffer10 said:
DesertGrandma said:

:) my head gasket has gone in my car so no car to drive!! Rubbish :(

every mother knows the days/nights when you just can't get your little one to settle down and you will try anything to soothe them, including driving them in the car until they fall asleep. my mental picture of doing this with our tortoise just tickled my funny bone.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Be sure she get re hydrated after she pees... if she is peeing when you pick her up all the time.. she needs to drink more.. .

Niffer10

5 Year Member
UK
I gave her a bath yesterday but she didn't seem to drink a lot. she didn't wee either! I was away sat-mon so my parents looked after her, I last saw her go Saturday, but I've had her out quite a lot since Monday afternoon and I couldn't see any White spots in her enclosure to kind of indicate she had gone. Would a bit of cucumber help if she's not drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.