Bladder stone?

yay14

Location (City and/or State)
stockholm
This is not a bladder stone right? When I found it in the enclosure it was flat and oval but I crumbled it a little. Also found a kind of round but also sort of cone shaped “rock” with similar consistency but that one completely crumbled apart but that one was very brown. Do you think either of those are bladder stones? I cant show a picture of the brown one becuse as i said it completely crumbled.

Attachments

• jak.jpg
    jak.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 22

yay14

stockholm
ooo.jpg I managed to get a picture of some crumbles from the brown "rock" i found. So do you guys think any of these pictures of crumbles/rocks could be bladder stones?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, bladder stones are usually cream colored.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
View attachment 316642 I managed to get a picture of some crumbles from the brown "rock" i found. So do you guys think any of these pictures of crumbles/rocks could be bladder stones?
Not bladder stones. Just stones. Tortoises will frequently eat rocks. Its most common when they are eating a lot of grocery store greens and not getting enough fiber or variety.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Not bladder stones. Just stones. Tortoises will frequently eat rocks. Its most common when they are eating a lot of grocery store greens and not getting enough fiber or variety.
My tortoises eat rocks in their hay. They actually WILL eat anything

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tortoises eat rocks in their hay. They actually WILL eat anything
No Maggie! Didn't you hear from all the experts? Tortoises have survived for MILLIONS of years without our help. They KNOW what to eat and what not to eat all on their own without our help...

:p