Bloody Shell??

Katybug

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
@Yvonne G, can I ask how many times a day should I give her a calcium soak???I just bought some liquid calcium and critical care food supplement to try and syringe feed her...

Katybug

10 Year Member!
Utah
My sweet baby penny went to tortoise heaven today after taking her to the Vet. So strange. She was actually starting to look a bit better. The vet gave her a calcium injection and within hours she died. Is this normal?? I am so so upset but so relieved that she is not hurting...

I'm going to take some time and later on get a bigger baby...

Thanks for all of your kindness and well wishes.

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm sorry that happened. It's a crappy thing. Did you tell the Vet? It sounds to me like she was sick already when you got her from the breeder. IMO They owe you another tortoise.

Katybug

10 Year Member!
Utah
@maggie3fan I didn't tell the vet. I don't think I want another tortoise right now. Definitely not another hatching...
Just a bummer deal all around.

katrvt

5 Year Member
Unfortunately, if they are critically ill, sometimes stress can and will 'push them over the edge'. Vet visits are stressful, whether we want them to be or not, and are so even if they are just a wellness check when nothing but a physical exam is done. I'm sorry you lost your little one.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I am very sorry for your loss...I know it's hard to lose a tortoise. I also lost a baby. As long as you know you did everything you could & they are no longer suffering...it's ok.

Like you said, when you get your next tortoise, maybe get a juvenile, so they are past the fragile stage. Again I'm so sorry.