Blueberries for greek tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
South Korea
Hi, my 9 months Greek Tortoise seems to really love blueberries.
Like she becomes crazy when she tastes it.

I just want to check what it the good amount I can give her.

I give 2-3 at 1 time. And I gave 3 times this week. Is it too much? Is one everyday good?
Or is it bad in general to give her sweet fruits

Thanks

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
Generally all fruits are not recommended. Greek tortoises aren't fruit eaters and it's easy to mess up with their gut flora and digestion.

2-3 berries won't do much harm if given once in a few months, yet your tortoise will do fine without it. So it's better to avoid it at all.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I second what Alex has said, Herman’s aren’t fruit eaters so I wouldn’t feed your guy blueberries🙂

South Korea
Hello!
Generally all fruits are not recommended. Greek tortoises aren't fruit eaters and it's easy to mess up with their gut flora and digestion.

2-3 berries won't do much harm if given once in a few months, yet your tortoise will do fine without it. So it's better to avoid it at all.
Thank you.
I saw some tortoise are eaters and some not but I couldn't find about Greek Tortoise.
She really seems to enjoy it so I would like to give . But if it is not good Maybe I will decrease.

Maybe once a week.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Thank you.
I saw some tortoise are eaters and some not but I couldn't find about Greek Tortoise.
She really seems to enjoy it so I would like to give . But if it is not good Maybe I will decrease.

Maybe once a week.
I know she might seem to enjoy but once a week is still really not good for her, if you really insist giving them as a treat, 2-3 berries every few months won’t hurt. But again I’d personally advise against that. These guys aren’t built to handle fruits.

Sometimes once you start feeding something, they’ll like it despite it being bad for them, same way they’d all probably chow down on bananas if they could, but again they aren’t good for them, even for fruit eaters they have to be limited.

It’s up to us as owners to stop them eating things they shouldn’t🙂

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you.

Maybe once a week.
It is not good for your tortoise. The sugars wreak havoc with the gut flora and fauna. You should not feed your tortoise fruit.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Thank you.

Maybe once a week.
Tortoises like sweets, much like kids :) In the wild they eat anything they find and sometimes in some seasons they can stumble upon ripe fruit on the ground. Usually this happens in the warmest months of the year, when green vegetation is scarse and high in fibers. High temperatures coupled with fibrous diet and decent amoung of walking help them to safely process some sugar contents. Such environment differs from how we house them in captivity and it's beyond "Tortoise Care 101".

So, just stick to this care sheet (I just link it again): https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/ to grow healthy and happy tortoise. Also, you can look at "Garden State Tortoise" videos on YouTube ("feeding fruit" is mentioned in "Common beginners mistakes" video).