Boarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
I really need to find someone to maybe board my Russian for about 7 days. I am making a long trip and I don't want
To take him as I won't be able to keep him warm enough for the 14 hours drive, and where I'm going there are dogs and cats :-/ is there anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma/Bremerton area that can feed him, keep him safe and warm until I can come
Back to take care of
Him??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I hope you find someone. I thought I'd offer some helpful tips for anyone who needs to board their tortoises:

1. Provide the tort-sitter with a large enough tub for the tortoise to live in while being boarded. Have it all set up with substrate, food dish, waterer and hiding place. Send the lights along with the habitat.

2. If possible, provide enough food to last a few days, then give the sitter money to buy whatever food they need after that.

I think some people may be hesitant to offer help because they really don't have room for another animal, but if they realize the tortoise comes with his own habitat and supplies, they might be a little more willing to help.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
Yes I have a tub with everything ready! Food and
Everything!!! I hope
Someone can help me out ;-) I'm leaving wednesday :)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Have you spoke to someone at a dog or cat facility, maybe they would be willing to give it a go! I wish I was closer, I would do it for ya! :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Try posting on the Russian Yahoo site, they have several members in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

Status
Not open for further replies.